Super equestrian smallholding with spacious country house and excellent facilities in a secluded, quiet rural location.
Excellent equestrian setup with generous all-weather facilities, stable yard, paddocks
|Summary of Features|| * Spacious, private, detached family home (2,947 sq ft)|
* 5 to 6 bedrooms, 2 family bathrooms
* 4 reception rooms, modern fitted kitchen (Everhot range) & conservatory
* Purpose-built stable yard with arena and paddocks
* Excellent equestrian setup with generous all-weather facilities
* Heated outdoor swimming pool, established gardens
* Detached double garage, car port and good parking
|Location|| * Mileages: Bodenham 1 mile, Leominster 7 miles, Hereford 9 miles, Ledbury 16 miles, Ludlow 19½ miles, Malvern 20 miles, Worcester 27½ miles, Gloucester 32 miles, Monmouth 25 miles, Birmingham 54 miles|
* Road: M50 (Jct 2) 21 miles & (Jct 4) 22½ miles, M5 (Jct 7) 28 miles
* Railway: Leominster and Hereford
* Airport: Birmingham (63 miles), Bristol (76 miles), Cardiff (78 miles)
|Acreage|| In all some 4.84 acres.|
|Situation|| Norton Court is located in The Vauld, a scenic and quiet rural hamlet equidistant between Bodenham and Marden, a short distance north of the Cathedral City of Hereford. Historically known for its Hop fields and the white-faced Hereford cattle, it is still very much an agriculturally-based community today. Nested within beautiful Herefordshire countryside with views to the Black Mountains and The Skyridd, this property is well-placed to enjoy a pastoral quality of life within the local community, yet has easy access of the local market towns and regional cities.|
|Norton Court|| * Norton Court is believed to date from the mid-1800s. Originally a cottage with an attached cider & hay barn, these were renovated and the barn incorporated into the main dwelling c. 1990, creating a comfortable home.|
* This spacious, light property offers flexible accommodation with ample scope for an annexe.
* Modern fitted kitchen/breakfast room with Everhot stove, Gorenje extractor hood, integrated Neff cooker and dishwasher.
* Large utility/boot room with fitted units, washing machine, extra storage and WC; a convenient muddy boot and dog room.
* Spacious formal high ceiling dining room with modern Jotul cassette wood-burner, ceiling fan and large glazed elevation overlooking a secluded patio area. Open plan sitting area and separate study, stable door opening to the garden; these rooms could easily be converted to an ancillary annexe, subject to any necessary consents.
* Separate snug with double aspect and inglenook fireplace inset with a Euroheat Harmony enamel multi-fuel burner, further reception study/play room.
* A good-sized sitting room with large stone inglenook and flagstone hearth inset with an Austro Flamm contemporary wood-burner, leads through to a large conservatory with French doors to the private garden; combined, a great entertaining space.
* To the first floor there are 4 to 5 bedrooms (1 single room) and 2 family bathrooms, one recently renewed. The master bedroom, with large separate dressing room, has scope for an en-suite or could be re-instated as two separate bedrooms.
* On the second floor there is a further double bedroom which offers a versatile space for alternative uses.
|The Outside|| * The property is approached via electric gates off a quiet country lane, leading to a gravelled driveway and parking.|
* Established and maturely planted gardens surround the property, with terraced patio areas, water features, greenhouse and timber outbuildings with covered log store.
* The heated outdoor swimming pool sits opposite the house, surrounded in attractive Indian stone, recently re-lined, with summer house/pool room, separate boiler/pump room, summer and winter pool covers and new automatic vacuuming equipment.
* Adjacent to the house is a large, brick built modern double garage with workshop to the rear. There is a secondary car port, ample parking and a second gated entrance.
|Equestrian Facilities|| * A purpose-built timber stable yard acts as the equestrian ‘hub’, set around a central concrete yard with excellent, all-round access to the arena and paddocks.|
* 3 stables with fitted rubber matting (16x14 ft & 12x10 ft); 4th stable as part of timber building complex, large, interconnecting rubber matted, covered barn shelters (all well-lit and with access to fields); 20m x 40m post & rail fenced Andrews Bowen arena with waxed sand and fibre surface, auxiliary lighting.
* A well designed and spacious “preparation” room, with fitted rubber matting, is central to the stable complex and offers a well-lit enclosed area for preparing horses for events and for vet and farrier visits. Work surfaces, sink, electricity and hot water are integral to the complex, combined with a secure heated tack room and large feed store which would easily convert to further stables with field access.
* Post & rail fenced paddocks, divided into 4 enclosures which range from level to gently sloping ground.
* Additional timber outbuildings include a good hay store and a tractor shed, with ample parking for vehicles and equipment.
* Choice of separate entrance and driveway to access stable area.
|Services|| Mains electricity & water, private drainage (septic tank with compliant drainage field). Oil-fired central heating to house & swimming pool. 3 wood-burning stoves. Mains water & electricity supply to stable yard & shelters; automatic drinkers in the 3 main stables.|
|Broadband|| Standard Broadband connected but superfast fibre is available for connection.|
|Council Tax|| Band “G” (£3,185.00 2019/20).|
|Local Authority|| Herefordshire Council: 01432 260000.|
|Listing|| This property is not Listed.|
|EPC|| Rated "E".|
|Equipment|| The grounds maintenance machinery, equipment and rug rack are available by separate negotiation. Please speak to Tom Grant if these are of interest.|
|Schools|| * Primary: Marden, Sutton St. Nicholas, Lugwardine, Bodenham. Further information available at: www.herefordshire.gov.uk|
* Secondary: Leominster, Hereford. Further information available at: www.herefordshire.gov.uk
* Independent: Hereford, Malvern, Monmouth and Worcester all have some outstanding independent schools. Further information available at: www.isc.co.uk
|Local|| The village of Marden has a Church, Primary Academy school, village store and post office. There is also a local community centre which holds a variety of events and is host to several clubs and societies, including a playgroup. Nearby Bodenham has an excellent Doctors surgery with pharmacy, thriving pub and post office. There is a regular bus service to Hereford. Further and more comprehensive amenities, including boutique shops, supermarkets, doctors’ surgeries and county hospital can be found close by in the City of Hereford and Leominster. Further retail opportunities are easily accessible in Worcester and Birmingham.|
|Recreational|| The area offers a wealth of sporting and recreational facilities, including walking, fishing and riding, as well as a range of water sporting activities. The popular Hampton Court Castle & Gardens, are a short drive away and regionally, The Malvern Hills AONB, Royal Forest of Dean and Symonds Yat provide for stunning outdoor activities. A variety of sports clubs can be found locally in Leominster and Hereford. The popular Hay Festival, Ludlow Food Festival and Ledbury Poetry Festival are easily accessible.|
|Information|| The region is renowned for its strong equestrian industry. Kings Equestrian Centre, Bromyard (8 miles), Holme Lacy Equestrian Centre (11 miles), Hartpury College (30 miles), Summerhouse at Hardwicke, Gloucester (37 miles) and the Three Counties Showground at Malvern are all within sensible driving distance and host to a series of year-round competitions; Annual horse trials take place at Homme House (17 miles).|
|Postcode|| HR1 3HA.|
|Directions|| From Burley Gate (A465/A417 interchange): Head north on the A417 for 4.5 miles and after Brockington Hall, turn sharp left by the Englands gate pub. Continue on this road for 1.30 miles and take the next right turn. Follow this road for ½ mile, as you descend the slope, look out for a gated/walled entrance drive on your right side. Park straight ahead.|
|Viewings|| By prior appointment only via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.|
|Agents Notes|| Grant & Co and their clients give notice that:|
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.