Superb and sympathetically refurbished detached period house with garden and parking, within walking distance of the town centre
Well-maintained and smart 4 bedroom detached period house (1,694 sq ft)
Country-style kitchen/dining room, utility/boot room and WC
2 comfortable reception rooms; each with wood-burner, 2 bath/shower rooms
Garden, 2 timber sheds/workshop with log store, ample private parking
|Summary of Features|| * Well-maintained and smart detached period house (1,694 sq ft)|
* 4 good-sized bedrooms, family bathroom and separate shower room
* Country-style kitchen/dining room, utility/boot rom and WC
* 2 comfortable reception rooms, each with wood-burner
* Garden, large timber workshop/shed with log store, 2nd timber store shed
* Private drive leads to ample off road parking for up to 4 vehicles
|Location|| * Mileages: Ledbury on the doorstep, Malvern 9½ miles, Hereford 16 miles, Gloucester 17 miles, Worcester 18 miles, Cheltenham 25 miles, Birmingham 49 miles, Bristol 52 miles |
* Road: M50 (Jct 2) 5 miles, M5 (Jct 7) 16 miles
* Railway: Ledbury (London Mainline), Malvern, Hereford
* Airport: Birmingham (58 miles), Bristol (62 miles)
|Situation|| This property is situated within the vibrant and popular market town of Ledbury, in east Herefordshire and west of the renowned, beautiful Malvern Hills. The property benefits from an easy, 5 minute walk to the town centre and is conveniently placed for amenities and domestic requirements, with excellent commuter road, rail and bus links to the larger commercial centres of Hereford, Gloucester and Cheltenham. The surrounding countryside is characterised by productive farmland and wooded hills, and is renowned for its scenic and unspoilt rural appeal.|
|Badminton|| * Badminton dates from the 1930’s, with a later 1980’s extension, and is a wonderful home which has retained many original features, such as quarry tiled entrance hall, fireplaces, picture rails, internal doors and also benefits from high ceilings with lovely light rooms.|
* The main sitting room is well proportioned and complemented by plantation shutters and Clearview wood-burning stove. A comfortable family/day room also benefits from a wood-burner and has direct access to the dining conservatory, which is also accessed directly off the kitchen.
* The super, country style kitchen has been tastefully refurbished and incorporates an integrated fridge, a Britannia electric range cooker with gas hob and space for a dishwasher. There is also the delightful and original walk in larder with old cold slab, which offers further storage.
* There is a W.C and useful utility/boot room with Belfast-style sink unit, additional storage with space for white goods, which is accessed off the kitchen with a door leading directly out to the garden.
* Upstairs, there are four bedrooms – three of which are double rooms along with a large single room. Two of the rooms have built in wardrobes/storage. There is also a good-sized family bathroom and a separate shower room.
|The Outside|| * The arrival to the front of the property is very well maintained with raised borders planted with a variety of shrubs. The property sits in a slightly elevated position and is approached via stone steps which lead up to the front door.|
* A smart, brick paved drive leads to a gravelled parking area to the side of the property, which offers ample parking for 3 – 4 vehicles.
* There are two, external side accesses which lead around to the rear garden, which is a good size and mainly lawn. Attractive raised borders planted with an assortment of pretty flowering plants complement the garden, which also has plenty of scope for keen gardeners, if desired.
* A large, timber workshop/shed with attached log store offers plenty of storage and there is a second timber shed at the bottom of the garden.
|Services|| Mains water, electricity and drainage. Mains gas central heating and gas hob on the Range cooker.|
|Broadband|| Fibre broadband is connected.|
|Council Tax|| Band “E” (£2,493; 2020/21).|
|Local Authority|| Herefordshire Council: 01432 260000.|
|Listing|| This property is not Listed.|
|EPC|| Rated "D".|
|Schools|| * Primary: Ledbury, Eastnor, Bosbury. Further information is available at: www.herefordshire.gov.uk|
* Secondary: Ledbury. Further information is available at: www.herefordshire.gov.uk
* Independent: Colwall, Malvern, Hereford, Worcester, Cheltenham & Gloucester all have some outstanding independent schools. Further information available at: www.isc.co.uk
|Local|| Ledbury has a thriving community and offers a good range of local amenities with many independent shops, restaurants & pubs, as well as two churches, doctors’ surgeries, cottage hospital and theatre and both primary and secondary schools. A wider range of amenities can be found nearby in Malvern, including Waitrose and M&S, with further cultural and retail opportunities easily accessible in Worcester and Cheltenham.|
|Recreational|| The surrounding area offers a wide range of outdoor sports and activities with the Malvern Hills and the Wye Valley within easy access. Ledbury itself is renowned for its annual Poetry Festival. The Three Counties Showground at Malvern hosts a wide variety of year-round events; from national garden shows, concerts & antique fairs to agricultural and equestrian events. Eastnor Castle is nearby and is seasonally open to the public, offering a wide range of events. Further recreational and cultural activities can be found in Gloucester, Worcester and Cheltenham. Birmingham is also within easy reach.|
|Postcode|| HR8 2EE.|
|Directions|| In Ledbury; Travel up New Street towards the town centre. On this approach you will see a Catholic Church on your right hand side. Badminton is the next property after the Church.|
|Viewings|| By prior appointment only via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.|
|Agents Notes|| Grant & Co and their clients give notice that:|
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
Grant & Co