Well presented, detached 5 bedroom home with double garage and parking, walking distance to Ledbury town centre
Mature, modern detached house, built in 1997 (1,668 sq ft)
5 bedrooms; 2 with en-suite plus family bathroom
2 reception rooms, modern fitted kitchen, utility, WC
Manageable rear garden, double garage and private parking
|Summary of Features|| * Mature, modern detached house, built in 1997 (1,668 sq ft)|
* 5 bedrooms; 2 with en-suite plus family bathroom
* 2 reception rooms, modern fitted kitchen, utility, WC
* Manageable rear garden, double garage and private parking
|Location|| * Mileages: Ledbury 0.9 miles, Malvern 8 miles, Hereford 14 miles, Worcester 17 miles, Gloucester 19½ miles, Cheltenham 26 miles, Birmingham 55 miles|
* Road: M50 (Jct 2) 6½ miles, M5 (Jct 7) 17½ miles
* Railway: Ledbury (London Mainline), Malvern, Hereford
* Airport: Birmingham (61½ miles), Bristol (63 miles)
|Situation|| Saxon Way is a small, modern development within the vibrant and popular market town of Ledbury, located in east Herefordshire and south west of the renowned and beautiful Malvern Hills. The property benefits from an easy, 20 minute walk to the town centre and is conveniently placed for amenities and domestic requirements, with excellent commuter road, rail and bus links to the larger commercial centres of Hereford, Worcester, Gloucester and Cheltenham. The surrounding countryside is characterised by traditional farms and wooded hills and is renowned for its scenic and unspoilt rural appeal.|
|7 Saxon Way|| * This lovely home has been owned by the vendors since new 23 years ago and has been well maintained during this time.|
* An enclosed porch leads through to a spacious entrance hall and on to the kitchen, reception rooms and downstairs WC.
* The modern fitted kitchen/breakfast room offers plenty of storage and benefits from an integrated cooker, dishwasher and fridge-freezer, with direct access to the garden. Situated off the kitchen is the utility room where there are further fitted cupboards, sink unit and space for white goods. A rear door leads out to the side of the house, giving access front and back plus a pedestrian access to the double garage.
* There is a good-sized dining room with bay window, making this a lovely and light room. Internal doors link to the comfortable sitting room with gas fire and marble surround, patio doors open to the rear garden. These two rooms could easily be combined to create a spacious, open plan living space.
* Stairs lead from the hall to a galleried landing where there are 5 bedrooms. The principal room has an en-suite shower room and fitted wardrobes. There are two further double rooms both with fitted wardrobes, the guest room with en suite shower, and two single rooms plus a family bathroom.
|The Outside|| * The property is approached via a private, ‘no through’ road with a brick paved parking area to the front of the double garage. The later has potential to provide additional living space, subject to the necessary permissions.|
* External side access leads to the manageable rear garden, which is lawned and bordered by a variety of mature shrubs, flowering plants, roses and an attractive grapevine.
* A patio terrace provides a great space for seasonal dining and entertaining. There is a water feature with small pond, a greenhouse and timber garden shed, providing useful storage for gardening equipment.
* A lovely and mature wisteria climbs prettily over the front of the property.
|Services|| Mains electricity, gas (central heating/fire), water and drainage.|
|Broadband|| Fibre broadband is connected, 28 mbps d/l.|
|Council Tax|| Band “F” (£2,947 for 2020/21).|
|Local Authority|| Herefordshire Council: 01432 260000.|
|Listing|| This property is not Listed.|
|EPC|| Rated “D”.|
|Schools|| * Primary: Ledbury, Bosbury, Eastnor. Further information is available at: www.herefordshire.gov.uk|
* Secondary: Ledbury. Further information is available at: www.herefordshire.gov.uk
* Independent: Colwall, Malvern, Hereford, Worcester and Cheltenham have some excellent independent schools. Further information is available at: www.isc.co.uk
|Local|| Ledbury has a thriving community and offers a good range of local amenities with many independent shops, restaurants & pubs, as well as a church, good doctors’ surgery, cottage hospital and theatre. A wider range of amenities can be found in Malvern, including Waitrose & M&S, with further cultural & retail opportunities easily accessible in Hereford, Worcester and Cheltenham.|
|Recreational|| Many sports clubs in Ledbury, including tennis and rugby, as well as a leisure centre with swimming pool. The surrounding area also offers a wide range of outdoor sports and activities with the Malvern Hills and the Wye Valley within easy access. Ledbury itself is renowned for its annual Poetry Festival. The Three Counties Showground at Malvern hosts a wide variety of year-round events; from national garden shows, concerts & antique fairs to agricultural and equestrian events. Eastnor Castle is nearby and is seasonally open to the public, also offering a wide range of events throughout the year.|
|Postcode|| HR8 2QY.|
|Directions|| From Ledbury: From the town centre, head north towards the rail station on the A438. Continue past the station and around the left bend. Continue for about ¼ mile, passing Bradfords building supplies and take the 3rd turning into Saxon Way, on your right side. The property will be found on your left side after 150 meters.|
|Viewings|| By prior appointment only via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.|
|Agents Notes|| Grant & Co and their clients give notice that:|
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
Grant & Co