Attractive, renovated country cottage in an accessible location
Character detached cottage, listed (1,200 ft²)
2-3 bedrooms, family bathroom, office/3rd bedroom
2 reception rooms, country-style fitted kitchen
Enclosed garden, good double garage, off road parking
|Summary of Features|| * Character detached cottage (1,200 ft²), grade II listed|
* 2-3 bedrooms, family bathroom
* 2 receptions plus ground floor office/3rd bedroom
* Country style fitted kitchen with range cooker
* Good double garage and ample off road parking
* Enclosed, lawned garden with useful store
|Location|| * Mileages: Pendock 3 miles, Tewkesbury 6½ miles, Ledbury 7½ miles, Upton-upon-Severn 8½ miles, Malvern 10 miles, Gloucester 15 miles, Cheltenham 15½ miles, Worcester 17½ miles, Birmingham 48 miles|
* Road: M50 (Jct 2) 5 miles, M5 (Jct 8) 9½ miles
* Railway: Ashchurch (Tewkesbury), Ledbury, Malvern & Gloucester
* Airport: Birmingham 54 miles, Bristol 65 miles
|Situation|| Situated in an accessible location in the rural hamlet of Upper Pendock, this property enjoys views over the surrounding countryside, with the renowned Malvern Hills and Castlemorton Common only a short distance away. This is a beautiful and very accessible part of the Three Counties complemented by good local towns, schools and facilities, and with excellent access to the commercial centres of Worcester, Cheltenham and Birmingham, all with excellent rail links to London.|
|Sledge Green Court|| * This period cottage has oodles of character and was sympathetically restored after a major fire in 2003. The property was largely rebuilt but retains many period features including the cruck beams and a flag stone floor. Consequently the property appears in excellent condition.|
* The principal living area comprising a sitting room with open fire, with open timber frame to the adjoining dining room with a feature wood burning stove. A single storey room off the dining room provides a flexible space for an office or 3rd bedroom.
* The entrance porch leads to the bijou fitted kitchen, with double aspect and stable door to patio. A Rangemaster Toledo range cooker with hood takes pride of place in this cosy room.
* There is a useful utility/boiler room and a separate WC by the entrance hall, adjacent to the kitchen.
* Open stairs from the dining room lead to a first floor landing off which are the two bedrooms and generous family bathroom. The main bedroom is west facing, double aspect and has built in wardrobes.
* This property benefits from modern facilities including good insulation, wooden double glazing and oil fired central heating.
|The Outside|| * An entrance off the main road to a tarmac drive provides parking for several vehicles and access to the large double garage (353 ft²), which also has a pedestrian side door.|
* There is a gated side yard to the garage, which provides additional parking and a secure storage area.
* The garden is mainly laid to lawn and located behind the house. This is enclosed by mature hedging and fencing.
* There is a spacious garden store, which provides good storage and workshop space, but is not in the first flush of youth.
|Services|| Mains electricity & water. Oil fired central heating. Solar panels supplement the hot water supply. Private drainage (septic tank), located on and managed by the adjacent property.|
|Broadband|| Standard landline broadband is connected.|
|Council Tax|| Band “E” (£2,123 for 2020/21).|
|Local Authority|| Malvern Hills District Council: 01684 862151.|
|Listing|| This property is Grade II Listed.|
|EPC|| Exempt (due to Listed status).|
|Caravan Park|| This property is located next to the Three Counties Park, a quiet, permanent retirement caravan park.|
|Schools|| * Primary: Pendock, Castlemorton, Welland. Further information is available at: www.worcestershire.gov.uk and www.malvernhills.gov.uk|
* Secondary: Ledbury, Malvern, Hanley Castle. Further information is available at: www.worcestershire.gov.uk and www.malvernhills.gov.uk
* Independent: Colwall, Malvern, Cheltenham and Worcester have an excellent range of independent schools. Further information is available at: www.isc.co.uk
|Local|| Pendock has a primary school, village store/post office and village hall. This property is almost equidistant between Tewkesbury, Ledbury and Upton-upon-Severn, which all have a good range of local amenities to meet most day-to-day requirements, including a variety of shops, butchers, supermarkets, cafes, restaurants and pubs. A broader range of shopping and leisure facilities can be found in Malvern, Cheltenham and Worcester, which are close by.|
|Recreational|| The surrounding area offers a wealth of sporting and recreational opportunities, with the Malvern Hills and Wye Valley within easy access and water sports available in Upton. There is a renowned theatre in Malvern and Eastnor Castle is close by, seasonally open to the public. Further activities and cultural amenities, including theatres, cinemas, restaurants and sports centres are easily accessible in Tewkesbury, Cheltenham and Gloucester.|
|Additional Information|| There is a boarded loft with ladder access.|
|Postcode|| WR13 6JW.|
|Directions|| From Tewkesbury: head north on the high street, turn left at the end round about on to the A38/Mythe Road. Continue 0.4 miles and take first left turn on to the A438, over the river bridge. Proceed for 5.5 miles, passing under the M50 motorway. Pass the left turning to Upper Pendock and shortly afterwards you approach the signs for Sledge Green – slow down as you see the Caravan Park on your left, take the next left entrance drive after the timber clad property. See the For Sale sign.|
|Viewings|| By prior appointment only via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.|
|Agents Notes|| Grant & Co and their clients give notice that:|
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
Grant & Co