Charming detached period cottage, in a village edge, peaceful location with spacious garden, garage, parking and fine views
Attractive detached, Grade II Listed extended cottage (c. 1,100 sq ft)
2 double bedrooms, dressing/study room, family bathroom
Country-style fitted kitchen, open-plan dining/sitting room with woodburner
Patio terrace, large fenced garden, greenhouse, single garage & ample parking
|Summary of Features|| * Attractive detached, Grade II Listed extended cottage (c. 1,100 sq ft)|
* 2 double bedrooms, dressing/study room & family bathroom
* Country-style fitted kitchen with direct garden access
* Open-plan dining/sitting room with feature inglenook & woodburning stove
* Patio terrace and large, fenced garden with greenhouse
* Single brick-built garage and ample off road parking
|Location|| * Mileages: Colwall ¾ mile, Malvern 3½ miles, Ledbury 5 miles, Worcester 16½ miles, Hereford 20 miles, Gloucester 21 miles, Cheltenham 28 miles, Birmingham 41 miles, Bristol 56 miles|
* Road: M50 (Jct 2) 9 miles, M5 (Jct 7) 12½ miles
* Railway: Colwall, Malvern, Ledbury (London Mainline)
* Airport: Birmingham (49 miles) & Bristol (67 miles)
|Situation|| Nestled on the western fringes of The Malvern Hills, Colwall has a vibrant community and is a desirable residential location, offering a good range of facilities and amenities and benefits from excellent communication links to the rest of the country, including a regular rail service to London (Paddington, 2hrs 40mins). The nearby local towns of Malvern and Ledbury offer a wide range of facilities and recreational opportunities; both easily accessible by road, rail or bus. Hereford, Worcester and Cheltenham are also within easy travelling distances.|
|Peatty's Cottage|| * This delightful cottage offers plenty of charm and character, and has been thoughtfully extended to provide a more spacious home.|
* 2 double bedrooms on the first floor with a large third room, optional as a dressing room or first floor study/sitting room. There is a tidy, modern bathroom with shower over.
* Country-style fitted kitchen with wood and granite work-surfaces, Belfast-style sink and integrated cooker with hob and hood. The kitchen enjoys a double aspect with a stable door opening to the sheltered patio terrace.
* Lovely open plan sitting/dining room with double aspects, featuring a stone wall with inglenook, inset with a Clearview wood-burning stove.
* Entrance hall with tiled floor provides space for coats and boots, leads to an inner hall with a modern WC.
|The Outside|| * The property is approached via a quiet rural lane leading to a gravelled driveway with ample parking and a single garage with double doors.|
* Sunny and private rear patio terrace provides a great space for seasonal dining and is bordered by raised, walled beds with further scope, and mature boundary hedging.
* There is access to the front of the property and to the parking area from the patio.
* The fenced garden is mainly lawned with mature trees, shrubs and lots of scope. There is also a good-sized greenhouse.
* Peatty’s Cottage is situated in a pretty and quiet semi-rural location, yet is not isolated, and enjoys views over adjoining farmland and beyond to the hills.
|Services|| Mains water, electricity, drainage & gas (central heating).|
|Broadband|| Standard BT landline service connected.|
|Council Tax|| Band “E” (£2,351.05; 2019/20).|
|Local Authority|| Herefordshire Council: 01432 260000.|
|Listing|| This property is Grade II Listed.|
|EPC|| Exempt (due to Listed status).|
|Schools|| * Primary: Colwall, Eastnor, Ledbury & Malvern. Further information is available at: www.worcestershire.gov.uk and www.herefordshire.gov.uk|
* Secondary: Malvern and Ledbury provide good secondary schools.
Further information is available at: www.worcestershire.gov.uk and www.herefordshire.gov.uk
* Independent: Colwall, Malvern, Worcester & Hereford have some outstanding independent schools. Further information is available at: www.isc.co.uk.
|Local|| Colwall provides a useful variety of amenities including a post office, bus and rail services, doctor’s surgery, chemist, village store & green grocer, café, butcher, pubs and restaurant. There are also a variety of clubs and societies within the community. Malvern and Ledbury provide a wider selection of shops and services to meet most day-to-day requirements. More comprehensive retail and cultural therapy is available in Worcester and Hereford, with Gloucester and Cheltenham easily accessible.|
|Recreational|| Many fine walks can be accessed within the locality. The spectacular Malvern Hills are close by and provide a wealth of sporting and recreational opportunities. The Three Counties Showground at Malvern holds a wide variety of year-round events. Malvern is also home to the renowned Malvern Theatre. The market town of Ledbury hosts a well-known annual Poetry Festival and also has a popular Theatre. Eastnor Castle, only a short drive away, is open to the public from spring through to autumn.|
|Postcode|| WR13 6HB.|
|Directions|| From Colwall: From central Colwall (the Colwall Park Hotel/railway station), head east on the B4218 towards Malvern. Continue for 0.30 miles on Walwyn Road towards the Malvern Hills, passing "Provisions of Colwall" on your right side. Take the next turning left into Old Church Road and continue for 0.75 miles. Shortly after passing the allotment gardens on your left side, this property is the 2nd house on your left hand side, see the name sign.|
|Viewings|| By prior appointment only via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.|
|Agents Notes|| Grant & Co and their clients give notice that:|
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
Grant & Co