Creatively designed barn conversion with fabulous gardens, garage & parking in a popular rural location, close to Bosbury
Attractive and individual Grade II Listed, attached barn conversion (2,892 sq ft)
4 bedrooms; Main with en-suite plus a family bathroom
Country-style kitchen, 2 receptions, study, glazed garden room
Secluded rear garden, separate 2-bay garage/workshop (1,280 sq ft), parking
|Summary of Features|| * Attractive and individual Grade II Listed, attached barn conversion (2,892 sq ft)|
* 4 bedrooms; 3 doubles and 1 single room, main with en-suite plus a family bathroom
* Country-style fitted kitchen with central island and Britannia range cooker
* Glazed garden room incorporating entrance hall and WC
* Dining room, inner hall, spacious sitting room with wood burning stove and office
* Expansive and secluded rear garden, separate 2-bay garage & workshop (1,280 sq ft)
* Secluded courtyard setting with allocated parking (3 vehicles)
|Location|| * Mileages: Bosbury 1 mile, Colwall 4½ miles, Ledbury 5½ miles, Malvern 8 miles, Worcester 13 miles, Hereford 17 miles, Ross-on-Wye 17½ miles, Cheltenham 33½ miles, Birmingham 43 miles|
* Road: M50 (Jct 2) 10 miles, M5 (Jct 7) 16 miles
* Railway: Colwall, Ledbury & Malvern
* Airport: Birmingham (52 miles), Bristol (68 miles)
|Situation|| Tyde Barn is situated on the periphery of the popular village of Bosbury, an area once celebrated for being one of the largest hop-producing communities outside of Kent during the 19th & 20th Centuries. This part of Herefordshire lies close to the Worcestershire border and is renowned for its scenic and unspoilt countryside. The area offers a sought-after rural quality of life, without being isolated, combined with excellent access to the market town of Ledbury. Malvern and the larger towns and cities of Worcester, Hereford and Birmingham are within easy reach.|
|Tyde Barn|| * This interesting and stylishly presented property offers spacious accommodation and combines modern day conveniences with traditional character and charm.|
* The country-style fitted kitchen is the heart of this lovely home and benefits from granite work-surfaces and central island, along with a Britannia range cooker, NEFF integrated oven and microwave with space for white goods. The American fridge freezer is included
* A separate dining room adjoins the kitchen and inner hall and beyond is a large sitting room with inglenook fireplace, fitted with a woodburning stove, and patio doors opening to the garden. A fitted study/home office leads off the sitting room. There is scope to open the dining room in to the inner hall.
* Upstairs, the bedrooms are approached via two separate staircases, creating two "wings" to the first floor, with a "secret door" connecting between the two. A balconied landing overlooks the inner hall.
* In all, there are 3, good-sized double bedrooms and a single room, currently used as a workroom, all with vaulted ceilings creating a sense of space and light. The main bedroom benefits from a large en-suite shower room. There is also a good-sized family bathroom with freestanding, roll-top bath and separate walk in shower.
* Throughout the property there are an array of exposed beams and trusses, which give an historical insight into the property's past as a traditional, agricultural barn.
|The Outside|| * Tyde Barn is approached via a private entrance off a quite rural lane, leading to a smart, gravelled courtyard and allocated parking for up to 3 vehicles in front of the property. Steps lead to this property, which is in an elevated position above the courtyard.|
* Behind the house are beautiful west-facing gardens which have been cleverly and lovingly created to provide year-round interest.
* The gardens have been designed to provide different "rooms", each offering an individual space to enjoy; including a croquet lawn, wooded walk, entertaining area, wildlife pond and nature garden. A superb variety of David Austin roses take pride of place within the garden.
* A sheltered patio terrace is a real suntrap, and can be accessed from the kitchen and sitting room, providing a very private area to enjoy the garden, perfect for seasonal dining.
* A gate from the rear of the garden leads to the large double garage "barn", which provides great storage and potential for a mezzanine. There is vehicular access to the garage and garden, via a separate entrance off Nashend Lane.
|Garden|| Large, level ½ acre garden privately located behind the property and benefiting from vehicular access to the rear.|
|Services|| Mains water & electricity. Oil-fired central heating (modern bunded tank). Electric range cooker with gas hob (bottled gas). Shared private drainage (treatment plant).|
|Broadband|| Standard landline broadband is connected.|
|Council Tax|| Band "G" (£3,235.02 2020/21).|
|Local Authority|| Herefordshire Council: 01432 260000.|
|Listing|| This property is Grade II Listed.|
|EPC|| Exempt (due to Listed status).|
|Shared Ownership|| The courtyard area to the front of this property is shared with the 3 adjacent properties. The rear track/access to the garage is shared by 3 properties.|
|Management Company|| A charge of £30 pcm is paid to the management company for maintenance of the shared courtyard/parking area and treatment plant.|
|Garden Effects|| The garden ornaments, sculptures and pot plants are excluded from the sale.|
|Inner Hall|| The wooden handmade bar and wine rack are not included in the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.|
|Schools|| * Primary: Bosbury, Colwall & Ledbury|
* Secondary: Ledbury. Further information available at: www.worcestershire.gov.uk
* Independent: Colwall, Malvern, Worcester, Hereford & Cheltenham all have some outstanding independent schools. Further information available at: www.isc.co.uk
|Local|| The popular village of Bosbury has a charming 12th century Church, primary school, cricket club and village Inn, with the village hall being a focal point for the community. Many of the houses in the locality are timber framed and are of particular architectural note. The village also has historic links to the Knights Templar and Arts & Crafts Movement. This property is well placed for the local centres of Ledbury, Malvern and Worcester, which offer comprehensive shopping & leisure facilities.|
|Recreational|| The spectacular Malvern Hills are close by and provide a wealth of sporting and recreational opportunities. The Three Counties Showground at Malvern is host to a wide variety of year-round events and Malvern is home to a renowned Theatre. The market town of Ledbury hosts a well-known annual Poetry Festival and both towns have an array of independent shops, boutiques and restaurants. Additional cultural and recreational activities can be found in Worcester, Cheltenham and Birmingham, which are all within easy access.|
|Postcode|| HR8 1JU.|
|Directions|| From Ledbury take the B4214 Bromyard Road north towards Bosbury. Pass through the village of Staplow and after about 1 mile, follow the sharp right hand bend onto the B4220. Continue through Bosbury village and after about 1 mile, take the left turning onto Nashend Lane. After a very short distance, take the left-hand entrance into the courtyard, this property will be found in the left corner of the courtyard.|
|Viewings|| By prior appointment only via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341.|
|Agents Notes|| Grant & Co and their clients give notice that:|
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
Grant & Co