An exceptional home within a plot of close to an acre with extensive, adaptable accommodation and a range of renovated outbuildings including two double garages. Gardens and grounds enjoying a sunny, southerly aspect and including lawn, seating areas, heated swimming pool. EPC rating: B87
SUMMARY An exceptional home within a plot of close to an acre with extensive, adaptable accommodation and a range of renovated outbuildings including two double garages. Gardens and grounds enjoying a sunny, southerly aspect and including lawn, seating areas, heated swimming pool.
SITUATION The Village of Ewenny is a semi-rural community to the western edge of the Vale with a mix of new and older properties. Local amenities include the historic Ewenny Priory Church, world famous potteries and a thriving garden centre. The neighbouring village of Corntown, includes a public house and sports ground. Schooling is available at the neighbouring villages of St Brides Major Church in Wales primary school and Cowbridge Comprehensive school. Ewenny is close to the A48 and is within five miles of the M4 Junction 35. In addition there is a main-line railway station at the Town of Bridgend of which provides shops, services and leisure facilities and secondary schooling. There are bathing and surfing beaches at the Heritage Coast some two miles from the village and there are several golf courses within the area.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Within the Vale of Glamorgan and located to the edge of the Historic Village of Ewenny
* Farmhouse and barn skilfully converted to blend character features with the requirements needed by modern families
* Adaptable living and bedroom accommodation of approaching 4000 sq ft in total
* Extensive, flexible reception rooms including lounge and garden room sharing a two-sided wood burner.
* Central, light filled sitting room with lantern light over
* Stunning kitchen-dining-living space open to pitch of the ceiling and with contemporary wood burner
* Study with wood burner
* Four double bedrooms and bathroom to the first floor
* Master bedroom with en suite shower room
* Two of the other bedrooms both have en suite shower rooms
* Family bathroom with cast iron, double-ended slipper bath.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Set within gardens and grounds of about 0.9 of an acre and enjoying a southerly aspect
* Electric, remote control gates give access from Abbey Road
* Plenty of car parking provision and turning space
* Heated outdoor swimming pool incorporating a hot tub with paved surround
* Timber summer house with gym / sitting area, sauna and adjoining boiler room housing the heating / filtration systems for the pool
* Double garage with first floor Games Room / Bar over
* Second, double garage
* Additional, sizeable storage adjoining western boundary, currently used for logs; could be used for garaging. Block-built, heated dog kennelling and run adjacent to this.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric, water and sewerage connect to the property. Heating via LPG and solar panels with supplementary feed-in tariff.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge office, join the A48 and travel in a Westerly direction heading towards Bridgend. After about 5 miles and at the bottom of the steep hill, take the left hand turn off signposted for Ewenny and Corntown. Continue into Corntown Village, past the Ewenny Priory Gatehouse, and bear right down the hill at the Village Store. Close to the bottom of the hill, bear right into Abbey Road and travel for approximately 400 yards along this lane; Ewenny Isaf Farmhouse will be to your right.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
Watts & Morgan