Watts & Morgan have a very well established rural department with many years of experience and a wide client base. The firm is able to advise clients on most agricultural matters, including professional work relating to sales and lettings of agricultural and rural property, compensation claims, for pipelines/cables, compulsory purchase negotiations and land development.
The rural team specialise in all aspects of rural agency including:
- The sale of agricultural property and machinery, dispersal sales of live and dead farming stock and seasonal sheep sales at Blackmill and livestock at Cowbridge Market.
- Valuations of rural property for all purposes including matrimonial, taxation, partnership dissolution, financial lending, insurance.
- Compensation for compulsory purchase schemes including road creation and widening, footpath/cycletrack creation and diversion.
- Planning advice in relation to agricultural development including planning permission for agricultural related dwellings, agricultural buildings;
- Agricultural lettings of farms and land – land to let
- Landlord and Tenant advice in relation to Agricultural Holdings Act and Agricultural Tenancies Act agreements; boundary disputes; development of rural property including advice on option agreements;
- advice on agricultural subsidies and quotas including SPS.